Who we are
Evolving the knowledge and skills of the pharmacy staff (Pharmacists and Assistants) in the UAE will lead to a forward leap in the field by improving the level and quality of performance of pharmaceutical services provided through an educational, professional, flexible and comprehensive development program that will meet the preliminary and future needs of the pharmacist, such that they are able to perform the requested active duties with international standards. This will positively reflect on general health service and the safety of individuals and the community and contribute on increasing a healthy environment.
Please see here for further information on Ministry of Health, UAE services.
Please see here for the organization chart of the Ministry of Health, UAE.
Creating a complete program to develop the knowledge and skills of the pharmaceutical staff in the country to keep in pace of global scientific updates and be able to present unique world class pharmaceutical services to the community and in different sectors of the industry – Giving the pharmacist a vital role as a part of the health care team.
Training and Development Targeted Groups
All Pharmacists and assistants in both the private and governmental sectors in the country, licensed professionals in the country, pharmacist staff working in medical control and inspection, medical registration, medical supply procurement, medical stores, local pharmaceutical factories, medical laboratories, information centers, health insurance companies and fresh graduates of local universities.
Continuous Professional Development
A. Educational and Effective Vital Training Program
For every staff pharmacist in both the public and private sectors this encompasses:
- Ongoing Pharmacist Education Program:
Example: Updates on Blood pressure and Asthma cures – Biological medicines and other similar medicines – laws and manners of practice and knowledge development of herbal medicine, popular medicines and food supplements.
- Professional Specialist Development as per demand,
This is often directed to hospital pharmacists or on the nature of the pharmacists’ work. Example: the safe handling of cancer treatment medicines – TPN – TDM of some medicines (Such as anti-clotting and Clonidine) – Clinical Pharmacy.
- Advanced Specialist Development
Directed to pre-selected pharmacists in addition to pharmacists interested to practice it– Example: Simple medical prescriptions, The economics of medicine, Post-marketing drug follow-up, Development and preparation of pharmacological guides, Basics of good practices, Drug supply (Mechanism for the selection, purchase, distribution and storage of medicines), Analytical studies on the description of the reality of exchange and consumption of medicines, Self experiences, Epidemiological studies of pharmaceuticals, Research skills.
- Basic performance skills development.
Example: Computer skills, Communication skills, Training skills, Submitting paper work or a lecture, Time Management, Crisis Management, First Aid, Arabic for non-speakers, Public morals of our society, Public appearance, etc.
B. Rehabilitation and Full Training Program (Currently under development)
- Conferences and Training Courses
- Local conferences and workshops that cover different aspects of a pharmacist.
- Participation in global conferences and training courses abroad.
In coordination with scientific institutes and universities this program targets Pharmacists, in addition to fresh graduates from local universities, in both private and government sectors who are selected within the mechanism of their advanced specialty training. Successful participants will receive a certificate of excellence in information and performance which in turn would grant them the power to provide pharmaceutical services that can’t be provided by other pharmacists, enabling them to build their careers and evolve their performances based on science, knowledge and skill. This will also reinforce the trust of doctors, professionals and the community in the new dimension of the pharmacist’s role.
The following will be taken into account in the Continuous Development Program:
- Diversity in education, training and skills.
- Covering various categories.
- Choice of appropriate time and place.
- Themes covered according to priority, majority and the hot topics in the medical and professional fields. Will take place in different parts or the emirates. Specialized activities will commence in 1 or 2 emirates depending on the number of participants.
- Ease of participation. Repeat of some activities (lectures, workshops & seminars) in the event of high interest and participants.
- The program includes activities given through the internet.
- The program is flexible in which it will include a mechanism to credit the activity hours of the health establishment’s activities within the country or the self motivation activities of the pharmacist.
- Activities timetable and enrollment will be shown on the site including the possibility of a waiting list enrollment.
- Participant will be issued certified certificates.
- Participants will be asked to evaluate the activities that they participate in; this information will be analyzed for the preparation of future activities.
- Incentive will be given to participants and trainers of the program.
Strategic Partners with the Ministry of Health
- Governmental / Part governmental health institutions.
- Private health institutions that provide pharmaceutical services.
- Community pharmacies.
- Universities, training and educational institutes.
- Local and gulf pharmaceutical companies.
- Emirates Medical Association and the Division of Pharmacy.
- Health Insurance Companies.
- Private Sector.
Conditions of participating in the program / site:
The following is required to participate in the program:
- A valid permit of pharmaceutical practice within the country or proof of pharmaceutical practice within governmental health institute, part governmental institute or certificate of training (fresh graduates).
- Valid residency in the country.
- Registration in the program and getting a membership card
- Proof of 2 years experience in the country